Jumat, 23 November 2012

Cutting the Holiday Cord

When you get married the Holidays put you in a weird space, especially if you live, in what I consider, a "non-drivable" distance to either respective family.  When you're dating, sometimes you may go and spend holiday time with your boo's family, but for the most part, at least in my experience, I generally would always go home for the holidays.  Now that I'm  married we have started the alternating holiday schedule.  We also want establish our own traditions as a married couple and family.   Cutting the holiday cord is the hardest part.  Now add that all up and add a dash of our loathing of holiday travel.  It's the absolute worst.  

This year we decided to host a Thanksgiving dinner party at our home.  We invited our Dallas transplant friends, who weren't going to be visiting family for the holidays.   This included my blogger homie, From the Rez to the City & her family & AlahNia Resale Boutique Owner, Marquita and her husband.  We had a ball.  We literally ate, drank, and was merry!!! I missed my family, but spending the holidays with a wonderful husband and hilarious friends definitely took my mind off of not going to my parents.   I hope everyone else had as lovely of a holiday as I did.  Happy Thanksgiving!


Holiday, JIBRI,
Outfit:  Top - DZIRE $32, Skirt - JIBRI $180, Necklace - H&M $22, Shoes - Calvin Klein via Nordstrom Rack

Holiday Outfit

Thanksgiving food

Thanksgiving decor

This sums up my guests.  
"My idea of good company is the company of clever, well-informed people who have a great deal of conversation; that is what I call good company." ~ Jane Austen

Cutting the Holiday Cord Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar