Senin, 26 Mei 2014

Fat Thighs


I'm not going on vacation until July and pretty much by then summer will be over, so I decided to have some fun a do little editorial-ish swimwear look.  I also thought this would be a good time to talk about my swimwear insecurities and how I work to get through them.  I feel about my legs how some women feel about their arms.  I think my legs are pretty terrible, but I definitely don't dwell on it.  It is what it is.  I have always had really big thighs packed with a lot cellulite, because that's always fun right.  LOL.   Here are some things that have allowed me to work through my own issues.  First off, I work hard and I like a nice vacation.  This involves a lot of my hard earned money, so if  you think I'm going to sit on a beautiful beach somewhere tropical thinking about my thighs after I have spent my hard earned coins you got another thing coming.  To second that, I love swimwear and I love the beach and swimming it just doesn't seem right to spend it all covered up.  Second, I love a fancy cover-up, it's where I get to bring in the fashion element that I love.  I incorporate them into my beach look.  Finally, I tore my ACL in 2008, had surgery in 2009. Until I had my surgery, I was on crutches and in a brace.  Let's just say it was the worst, but through that I gained a real appreciation for the fact that I have two working legs.  They may not be the prettiest, but they work and I can't be mad at that.  I consider myself to be a very logical person, so I think my reasons are more logical than emotional. I hope this helps a little. 

Style Note: I actually have on two bottoms.  From an aesthetic standpoint I love this suit, but from a plus size friendly standpoint it's not the most plus friendly.  The strap on the top is thin and the high waist bottoms are not so high waisted.  I subbed in a pair of black high waist bottom from Lane Bryant to give me my desired coverage.  I did swim and move around in the double bottoms and it didn't feel weird or tight, I did feel more secure. 





Suit Top - ASOS, Suit Bottom - ASOS, Black Bottom (underneath) - Lane Bryant, Sheer Shirtdress - AshleyNellTipton, 'Fashion Crop Top' - ShopGarnerstyle, SwimBag - H&M, Sunnies - TomFord, Body Chain - ShopGarnerstyle, Shoes - Lane Bryant, Sheer Pants - SimplyBE

Fat Thighs Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar