Jumat, 17 Agustus 2012

Sisters, Jet-Setting, and San Diego

I've been on a bit of a hiatus.  This past week I was in San Diego for my sister's 40th birthday.  While there, I had a fabulous time (minus crazy traveling troubles). My sister's new husband threw her a super sweet party with all the trimmings.  I literally had to get off the plane and change into my party gear in the restroom and take a cab straight to the party.  I got to visit Coronado beach and all of it's seaweed and kelp glory.  I dined on delicious Persian Cuisine at Sadaf Restaurant in downtown San Diego with my sister and cousin-in-law.  I literally spent the day with newbie designer Ashley Nell Tipton (post to follow this one).  Finally, the icing on the cake, my sister did my make up and braided my hair in funky french braids every day I was there.  She's a MAC make-up artist at Nordstrom at Fashion Valley Mall.  So I got to run around San Diego looking fabulous as ever thanks to her.  


Outfit Logistics:  Dress - JIBRI (Free piece I received for submitting video of me wearing JIBRI), Shoes - Calvin Klein via Nordstrom Rack $50, Jacket - Torrid $48, Necklace - Liz Claiborne (old), Clutch - Nordstrom Rack $50, Belt - Ashley Steward (old)


Leopard Swimsuit: MonifC $74

My sister was amazed to see how much stuff I could pack into a small suitcase.  I was traveling on a buddy pass and with that in mind, I definitely didn't want to check a bag.  I knew if I did, something was getting lost.  I only brought a carry on roller. In it I packed 3 pairs of pants, 3 pairs of shoes, 2 skirts, 2 dresses, 4 belts, 4 shirts, 1 clutch (strapless, regular, & sports), 1 bag, 3 bras, 5 undies, a camera, makeup, 1 necklace, 1 swimsuit, 2 jackets, and toiletries.  I used the military method of packing.  I folded and rolled each item tightly.  This is also a nice method to minimize wrinkling.  Best believe I maximized every itch of space.  When jet-setting, having one bag is just more convenient.  How many times do you bring stuff that you don't even use because you over packed? Packing like this reduces the amount that you have to lug around and helps reduce the amount you have to unpack when you come pack.  I have been known to let a unpacked suitcase sit around for a month.  Don't judge me.  





Although not fashion related, I wanted to address this. I have had an overwhelming amount of questions emailed to me about traveling while plus size, the seat size, and getting put off of an airplane.  First off, traveling coach is uncomfortable for most people.  Business and first class are much more comfortable, has a wider seat, a lot more leg space, and all the ginger ale you can drink and a bathroom close by in the case that you over indulge in this sparkly thirst quenching treat.   In coach, your personal space is invaded because you are packed in like sardines in a can.  Second, I have never been put off of an airplane and I fly at least four times a year.  I have a 60 inch hip spread.  I can't lie, the seat is snug. Sometimes I have to ask for a belt extender and sometimes I don't.  It's up in the air depending on the airline.  I have the most luck with wider seats and seat belts on American Airlines.  I hope this helps with your traveling apprehension.  Remember, live your life to the fullest.  My next trip is to NYC for fashion week.  Just like I don't let my size dictate my style and I definitely do not let it dictate my travel adventures and you shouldn't either.  

**Update - I just wanted let you know my sister's maxi is Calvin Klein ($20) and came from Ross for those who wanted to know.  

Sisters, Jet-Setting, and San Diego Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar