Kamis, 02 Agustus 2012

LBD

I figured since I never wear black, I was definitely overdue for a LBD or little black dress post.  This plus size dress comes from Kiyonna and yall know I have to put my own spin on, so I actually turned this dress around and wore it backwards.  This time it was on purpose...I promise.  I did a minor alteration on my new nifty sewing machine to smooth out the back where the breast are "supposed" to be.  I like the neckline better this way.  

So pointy toe shoes are back.  I have been hanging on to an old pair of Ninewest pointy toe pumps for years just for a moment like this (who says hoarding doesn't pay off).  I decided to do a little DIY project with the whole capped toe look that everyone, included myself, is going bananas over.  In my head pops in the song..."that ish is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S!  I always associate something with a song.  Anyways,  this was a quick do it yourself project that involved some tape (I used painters tape because I had it laying around) & pink nail polish (don't judge me & I would probably advise using some craft paint).  If you are going to do a project like this, an old pair of shoes is a great way revamp an old thing in your closet.  I thought they came out super cool.  After wearing these shoes, I remember why I hate pointy toe shoes.  Wide feet and pointy toe shoes do not go together.  








In case you were wondering where I got my pink polish from, I got it from a Nokia sponsored event.  Nokia Lumia 900 has a new pink phone and partnered Nikki Minaj's manicurist, Kandi Banks, to create a pink nail polish to launch with the phone.  In case you can't see in the picture, I'm wearing the polish as well.   The color is really pretty and a beautiful shade of pink.  Every girl always has to have a fabulous color of pink polish around. 

Outfit Logistics:  Dress - Kiyonna $158, Shoes - Ninewest (similar), Belt - Ann Taylor $50

LBD Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar