Minggu, 25 Maret 2012

Celebrity Style Capture: Nikki Minaj

I saw Nikki Minaj in this particular outfit and said to myself, "Did she steal one of my high waist skirts?" LOL!  Knowing that I was getting an orange high waist skirt I went and snagged this cropped sweater top from Forever 21 for the cool 16 bucks.  Since the Dolce & Gabbana Spring release of it's bra tops I have been obsessed (literally) with crop & bra tops. With loving them also rushes in the fear of, "Can I really pull this off?" I think of all the strikes against me for such a look.  Strike 1:  I'm plus size ~ Never stopped me before.  Strike 2:  Im over 30 ~ has stopped me before Strike 3:  Can I even find one that fits? 

Nikki Minaj, Plus Size Blog, Forever21, JIBRI
My issues with cropped tops not only encompass the strikes above, but also having me battling with my own "lady like" style.  How does one wear a shirt that is only half there and wear it in the most tasteful, stylish, and lady like fashion?  Then I come across this article in my latest installment of Elle Magazine.  Crop Rotation, by Amanda FitzSimons, divulges the author's fear, allure , and her triumph in sporting the look.  This was only further confirmation for me.    

Nikki Minaj, Plus Size Blog, Forever21, JIBRI
For me trying to accomplish this look anything high waist goes.  I don't want to show a whole bunch of skin, just a little bit.  I want the look to be as flattering as possible and don't want to hang out ANYWHERE.  All of these things I want to happen and the laws of fashion, style, & flattery are against me.  In my mind, they are always against me, so why not prove them wrong...again.  
Nikki Minaj, Plus Size Blog, Forever21, JIBRI
Outfit Logistics:  Top:  Forever 21 $15 (similar)Skirt - JIBRI $120, Sandals - Talbots $16, Bracelet - Vince Camuto via TJMaxx $30
Nikki Minaj, Plus Size Blog, Forever21, JIBRI
Would you be wear such a piece?  

Celebrity Style Capture: Nikki Minaj Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar