Minggu, 07 April 2013

Plus Size Runway

White jumpsuit, JIBRI, plus size fashion
I'm covering a lot in this post, so just bear with me.  I saw this jumpsuit from the Alexandre Vauthier Collection months ago and immediately thought of JIBRI.  I knew I had to have this look.  This has been a signature jumpsuit of this designer for years now.  I hear a lot of women complain that no one is doing fashion forward items for plus sizes.  Well here is the perfect example of a plus size designer giving you killer runway fashion in your size at a reasonable price and before anyone else did it. Believe me the Alexandre Vauthier carries a hefty price tag of 1K plus.   I hear complaints of higher end plus size designer's pieces being overpriced, but I personally feel lucky to be a plus size girl.  Try walking into Prada and buying a dress for under $800.  I know I wouldn't be able to afford those prices.  I've bought some of the most beautiful clothing that I know I should have costed way more than I paid.  Example, the Kitty from JIBRI and a hand embroidered pencil skirt from Rue 114 would have easily gone for over 1K in any major department store. I wore this the the Curls, Curves, & Cocktails event and heard the panelists talk about supporting those that support you.  I hear so many get complaintS about prices, but no one complains about Louis Vuitton's prices.  They accept it and either covet the item and say they can't afford it or save up to buy one.  No says that the item is not worth it, but when it comes to plus size clothing the same courtesy isn't given.  Note that we need designers with creative abilities to drive the industry forward. What would happen a JIBRI or a MonifC went out of business?  At this point those are our Gucci, Prada, and Louis.  Just food for thought.  
So I'm in San Jose/San Francisco area looking for housing.  In case you missed this point, I will be moving to the area in less than 2 weeks.  (Just know I'm livin' la vida loca right now and not in a good way.)  I figured out when I got to the airport that I forgot my camera.  So you already know these pics are gonna be gorilla style.  Through the grueling process of looking for place to live, because who knew it was a competition to find a place to live, I got to attend the Curls, Curves, and Cocktails event thrown by The Curvy Fashionista and Natural Selection.  The event was panel discussion of the industry's experts on hair, makeup, and plus fashion.  Panelists included Yuliya Racquel from Igigi, Chenese Lewis, and owner of LAMIK makeup line (...and youngest African American woman to have her line carried in a major department store, I might add).  It was a nice break from the home searching process.   I got to have dinner with the panelists, most of whom I've met before and let me just say meeting so many fun people that will be living in the same area takes some of the edge out of moving across the country.  

Running out to California was a last minute decision.  I just got back from Miami and was over traveling, packing, and the whole bit.  Rachel Pally gifted me some fabulous maxi dresses that have been my savior this trip.  Easy to pack, the fabric doesn't wrinkle, comfortable, and above all else, stylish.  I'm about life!  These dresses are resort wear at it's best.  I wish I would have had these in Miami.  


White jumpsuit, JIBRI, plus size fashion


White jumpsuit, JIBRI, plus size fashion

White jumpsuit, JIBRI, plus size fashion
Photo Credit - Tastytopia

White jumpsuit, JIBRI, plus size fashion
Outfit:  Jumpsuit - JIBRI, Muliticolor Maxi - Rachel Pally, Black/White Maxi - Rachel Pally, Shoes: Payless, Necklace - Marc Jacobs

Plus Size Runway Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar