Minggu, 30 Maret 2014

Celebrity Style Capture: Kelis


Kelis Photo Credit:  The Coveteur

So when I saw Kelis' spread via the FashionBombDaily, I knew this was something that I wanted to recreate.  I've been a fan of hers since high school.  She has been a huge influence and trend setter in the music world.  Ahhh hem! Anyone remember the "Bossy" video haircut?  The one that made a certain other female pop star, in my opinion, famous.  I'm not saying, but I'm just saying.  I think that hair cut, has done wonders for a lot of these songstresses' careers.  Yes, that may have been a little messy, but I like to make sure I give credit where credit is due.   Anyways, Kelis I've always recognized your uniqueness and fabulosity...and yes you were the first girl to scream on the track. 

I love being a fashion blogger, but there are times like these where I just can't believe I get to wear such wonderful things.  There's something about a tulle skirt that is magical and fun.  I was taking these photos and ran into a school of 5 year old ballerinas and they couldn't take their eyes off of my skirt.  It was the cutest thing.  I know my niece,  Kylea, is going to love this look.  Sometimes, regardless of age, it's a good thing to feel like a princess for a day.  

Style Notes:  I want to give out a huge thank you to etsy designer, Fanfaronada and Custom-Plus.  Fanfaronada has a shop full of tulle skirts in various lengths and dreamy colors.  I did request this one in a custom length and color.  For special request such as this, hit the "request custom order" button on her page.  Last but not least, Custom-Plus does the most awesome printed plus size tees.  I opted for this Miss Piggy tee, since she's my girl and all. Ha! Anyways, they fit well and and are made of a soft cotton. I got the xxl in this one.  

Kelis for The Coveteur, Plus size tutu, Celebrity Style

Kelis for The Coveteur, Plus size tutu, Celebrity Style


Kelis for The Coveteur, Plus size tutu, Celebrity Style

Kelis for The Coveteur, Plus size tutu, Celebrity Style
Skirt - c/o Fanfaronada, Tee - Custom-Plus, Shoes - Nordstrom Rack (similar), Lip - MAC Girl About Town
Photo Credit:  Lydia Hudgens

Celebrity Style Capture: Kelis Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar