Minggu, 06 Mei 2012

Plus Size Bikini - My Way!




So I'm declaring this week plus size swimsuit week on my blog.  As of yesterday, Dallas heat hit 95 degrees. Side Eye!  It will be another scorching summer, not to worry though as long as I have my AC & the pool right down stairs.  My long time readers know that I buy three swimsuits every summer.  I plan to show them off all this week.  

Plus size bikini, fatkini, plus size cover up
I've been trying to accomplish the fatkini for two years now.  First time was a fail -- I tried to order via etsy and it was just a disaster (badly made).  This year I've have 2 fatkinis and 1 whole piece. The bikini presents the obvious plus size issues, but for me being an 16/18 on top and a 24/26 on bottom presents an even bigger dilemma.  The plus size two bikini is a new concept for companies, so often time you cannot buy the top and bottom separate in two different sizes.  I actually loved the Monifc Black 2 piece, but I knew I needed to buy the top and bottom in two different sizes.  In the country we say there is more than one way to skin a cat. And there is!  I ordered the high waist bottoms from Lane Bryant and the top is from Old Navy and put together my own plus size bikini.  I must say the bottom from Lane Bryant is perfect.  It has a nice thickness and it's firm for keeps everything in check.  I thought this skirt from Asos would make the perfect pool side cover up.  I added a belt from Forever21 that is practically plastic, only cost me $3, and it's a perfect swimsuit add on.  Warning - do not jump in the pool with your leather belt...LOL...only cheap plastic ones.  

plus size bikini, fatkini, and plus size swimwear.

Outfit Logistics:  Swim Top - Old Navy $34, Swim Bottom - Lane Bryant $50. Skirt - Asos, Belt - Forever21 $3, Lipstick - YSL Lipstick Rosy Coral #052 $30
plus size bikini, fatkini, and plus size swimwear.

plus size bikini, fatkini, and plus size swimwear.

plus size bikini, fatkini, and plus size swimwear.

And shout out to Gabi from in her "Fatkini" she looked adorable! Check her out here.  Anyone plan on trying the plus size bikini this year?

Plus Size Bikini - My Way! Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar