Minggu, 15 April 2012

Doing Plus Size With My Tailor!

Pinterest is a wonderful thing.  You get to see what everyone else is looking at through a single posted picture.  That is how I came across Thread Over Heels Etsy shop.  This etsy seller sells a lot of vintage pieces in plus sizes.  I haven't seen anything over a size 18, but there are definitely some pieces worth working with, such as the one I recently bought.  Yall know I love all things nautical and I fell in love with this dress immediately.  I would say I probably go to the best tailor in Dallas at Art Custom Tailor (on E. Mockingbird Lane).  This dress was a size 12 petite.  The description said it would best fit a 14/16.  Off the bat for me to even try the dress on I knew the sleeves had to come off, so I removed those myself.  I got it on, but it was way too tight in the bust.  I got my tailor to finish making the dress sleeveless.  I also had him to use the sleeves add some width in the bust area.  It came out perfectly.  I will be taking this dress back though, so he can drop the hem.  This is shorter than I like my dresses to be.  

Plus Size Vintage, Vintage
So how much did this dress project cost?  The dress was $40 and the alterations cost me $29.  It totals $69.  So $70 for what I may call my new favorite summer dress.  For me, it was totally worth it.  
Plus Size Vintage, Vintage
Outfit Logistics:  Dress - $40, Belt - Michael Kors $32 via Off Fifth, Pin - Revente (Dallas) $20, Sunglasses - Ted Lapidus,  Flats - Nordstrom Rack $32, Watch - Michael Kors $250
Plus Size Vintage, Vintage

Plus Size Vintage, Vintage

Doing Plus Size With My Tailor! Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar