Rabu, 02 Juli 2014

Polka Dot Beaches

Santa Cruz Travel, Plus Size Polka Dot Dress
Hubs and I took a much needed mini vacation down to the Santa Cruz area of the bay.    We rented a cute little beach house for the night, ate some fresh seafood, and just relaxed.  It felt fantastic to unplug and think about absolutely nothing.  It's been a while since I've gotten to really decompress and I almost forgot what it was like to not check my phone every 5 minutes.  I've always thought of myself having a balance with technology and social media.  I'm 33 and so I'm young enough to where social media comes very easy and almost naturally to me, but I am old enough to remember what it's like without social media.  Since it has become apart of my job, I fear that it's taken over my life a little bit.  I have to do better.  

Anyways, we had an awesome time.  We ended up in Aptos, Ca, which is about 10 miles from Santa Cruz. It's a cute little beach town hub.  It's a little less tourist-y and less crowded.  Shug got to get all of her life in the sand, but wanted no part of the beach water.  She ate quite a bit of the sand, as well.  Poor Shug. We dined at Cafe Rio for lunch and dinner, which was within walking distance of our accommodations. Their happy hour is magnificent.  

Style Notes: This polka dot dress was the perfect beach getaway dress. I got it in a 2x. I'm generally a 16/18 on top.  This runs true to size.  You will want to get this to fit the upper portion of your body. It has slight stretch in, but not much.  Also, I know people had concerned about the Keds being too narrow. I found them to be fine and pretty comfortable, but note that they are white and you will have to toss in the washer frequently. 
Santa Cruz Travel, Plus Size Polka Dot Dress

Santa Cruz Travel, Plus Size Polka Dot Dress

Santa Cruz Travel, Plus Size Polka Dot Dress

Dress - c/o Modcloth, Shoes - Kate Spade for Keds, Bag - Kate Spade (sold out), Lip - MAC Red by MAC, Towel - Nate Berkus for Target, Swim - Modcloth

Polka Dot Beaches Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar