Selasa, 23 Juli 2013

Leather in the Summertime

Lane Bryant Leather Jacket, ASOS CURVE Dress
With most of you battling Hades worthy temperatures it seems nearly impossible that I can actually wear a leather jacket in the middle of the summer.  Well in San Francisco, it can get pretty chilly, it's always breezy, and it is not uncommon to see a little leather in the summertime.  So I promise I was not about to pass out from heat exhaustion.  I love the Bay area for this.  It makes fashion so much more enjoyable, because you can wear layers all year long. 

I ventured into the city to visit Polished Plus blogger, Lanae.  She showed me around the very swanky Gap corporate office that has insane views of the city, the bay, and the Oakland Bay bridge. I also got to see an art museum (I couldn't take photos) inside of the headquarters.  Lanae was such a wonderful hostess and it was nice to get out of the suburbs. Since I've been in the Bay area I get asked all the time to go to lunches.  Everyone is so nice here and really wonderful about getting me out of the house.  

Style Note:  Marie Claire was one of the first, if not the first, American fashion magazine to feature a monthly plus size section.  I get my magazine every month and immediately flip to Nicolette Mason's section.  Nicolette Mason kicks ass with her plus size selection, so appropriately I died when I saw this dress featured.  Until I saw it on the Asos Curve site, I didn't know that the dress was maxi length.  I totally thought it was a midi length. It was so adorably fancy that I couldn't pass it up and shortening the dress would be just a quick trip to the alteration shop.  I tried it out in maxi length, but because I am so full in the hips and combine that with the tulle like fabric it looked a little prom-y on me.  I know it will look fab in the full length on someone else, but just not on me.  For those wondering about the sizing, true to Asos Curve's over-sized nature, I purchased this dress in a size 16. I had a little zipper trouble.  It was sticking at the waist seam.  I eventually just zipped up the dress and pulled it over my head.  The size 16 still had enough room for me to do that with ease.  I know that sometimes girls with a bigger booty are worried about their skirts being high in the back.  Make sure your alteration person hems from the floor up.  You dress will technically be longer in the back, but will look even all the way around when you put it on.  If you wear it as a maxi it was the perfect floor length on me and I'm 5'9. Shorties will have to have it hemmed.  

**Update - I see this dress has sold out.  Last night there were a couple sizes available.  My assumption is that they are posting the returns.  I would check back often if you are really interested.   Maybe they will restock. 

Lane Bryant Leather Jacket, ASOS Curve Dress

ASOS Curve Dress, Torrid "Valentino Rock Stud" Shoes


Outfit:  Dress - ASOS, Jacket - Lane Bryant (soldout, similar here), Shoes - Torrid, Watch - Michael Kors, Lip - MAC Girl About Town

Leather in the Summertime Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar