Minggu, 08 Mei 2011

Outfit of the Day: The Sound of Music

Maybe I'm into movies these days.  I seem to find inspiration from some of my favorite movies of all time.  I evoked my inner milk maid (inspired from The Sound of Music) for this look.  I was invited to a fashion show that was to help raise money for Hugging Hearts an non-for-profit organization geared to educate and promote awareness of HIV AIDS and other STDS to the age group 12 -18 for those whom has either been infected, affected or in risk of being infected by the disease.  As I do love to dress up, I thought this would be a great time to try out my new silk dress from JIBRI while trying a new updo...all while supporting a great cause.  This hair style was super easy.  I just parted my hair into two sides, braided each side and pinned them in place. I added my Jessica Simpson bangs to bring the look together.  



Outfit Logistics

Dress - JIBRI $240
Shoes - ALDO $80
Necklace - Liz Claiborne (super old)
I thought between the dress and the braids I should keep it simple. 




I think next time I try this hairstyle, I will try to do the style a little messier like Zoe Saldana & Sienna Miller below.  Their braids are so pretty.



Braided hairstyles are very on-trend for this year.  When my fiance saw this hairstyle I can't say that he liked it.  I think after seeing me dressed the hairstyle grew on him.  I actually questioned whether the hairstyle was for me, but I really liked it after I stared at myself for about 30 minutes.  It also was great way to keep my hair nice and neat.  Sometimes trends can be 'iffy' on whether they can work for you or not.   What other 'iffy' trends do you want to try this year, but maybe are a little scared to try?  

Outfit of the Day: The Sound of Music Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar