Minggu, 24 Oktober 2010

Outfit of the Day: I hope God likes my Mustard Tights

So today's outfit is inspired by one my favorite blog God's Favorite Shoes.  One thing I love about Ms. Reiko, is that she is a pro thrifter.  She puts together the most versatile and fabulous looks for a minimal amount of cash.  She really should write a book on thrifting, because her skills are crazy.  

The majority of my look was bought from a consignment Clotheshorse (here in Dallas off of Preston Rd).  Clotheshorse is high end prices start from around $20 and can go over $1500 (for high designer goods).   I must admit its my favorite consignment shop here.  There are not a lot of plus size duds, but if you look hard enough you can find some treasures.  

The items I picked up were:

Kenneth Cole Geometric Print Top - $18
Talbots Purple Cardi - $14
Lafayette 148 Black Skirt - $63 w/ 25% off

My total check for these 3 pieces was $86.  Although I have not mastered low end thrifting, I am learning...thanks to Reiko.  

I also paired this outfit with a pair of mustard tights from We Love Colors!  I hope God liked them, I know all the little girls at church were looking at them.  



I super excited that Clotheshorse gave me a chance to try this Lafayette 148 Skirt.   Lafayette 148 frequents stores like Neimans & Saks.  They do extend to plus sizes, but generally the price tag on these items are around $300.  I found this skirt to fab and I actually fit into this size 16.  This skirt actually is the best fitting skirt that I have bought off the rack.  The waist fits insanely perfect.   I will definitely start looking at this brand more.  I also love the little waist detail.


I am definitely stocking up my tights for the fall and winter.   So far this season I have bought plum, mustard, and black.  I love adding colors to the collection.


I experimented a little with mixing prints and added this houndstooth printed caplet.  I really liked it together, so I definitely will wear this in the future.   The caplet came from a store in Cartersville, GA (I purchased a year ago and can't remember the name of the boutique) and it is actually a medium....and it works fabulously. 

Outfit of the Day: I hope God likes my Mustard Tights Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar