Minggu, 28 Desember 2014

Christmas in Napa

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas.  I gifted the hubby a trip to Napa for the holiday. Sometimes it's hard to come up with gift ideas for men, so I went with a gift where we could enjoy each other and have a good time. We stayed at the Meritage Resort and Spa, because it was a pet friendly place and it has fancy rooms. Ours included a fireplace. Let's just say Shug thought she was living it up. The staff brought her a fluffy bed to sleep on and doggy treats.  I could tell by her excitement that she had a good time and liked the change of scenery.  We had a great stay at the hotel. I probably would give it a 4 out 5 stars.  There were a couple of things that I thought could have been improved on and it had more to do with the dining than the room.  

The day after Christmas, which is when I wore the denim look, is when we toured Downtown Napa.  It's a cute little downtown area filled with trinket shopping, restaurants, and wine tasting.  I wish I had more photos, but let's just say I tried to take as much of a break from the blogging life as possible. LOL. It felt nice to unplug and just be. I feel so rested and ready for 2015. 

Style Notes: I haven't done a denim dress in years, but saw this one and thought I should give it a try.  I really like the fit.  There was a little stretch in the denim. It was comfortable and easy to wear. You could also easily pair it with tights. I purchased a size 22 in the dress and it was pretty true to size.  I did replace out the belt with my own.  The belt that came with it was skinny and kind of flimsy, so to add structure I added my own leather 1 inches leather belt. I often do this with items that come with a free belt.   Adding in your own structured leather belt can give the look more structure and the belts hardware can make the dress look a little more expensive. 




Dress - Ashley Stewart, Shoes - 6pm (similar), Bag - Michael Kors, Sunnies - Chanel, Belt - MK, Lip - MAC Flat Out Fabulous, Sequin Skirt - Eloquii, Feather Top - AS

Christmas in Napa Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar