Senin, 03 November 2014

Celebrity Style Capture: Rihanna

Rihanna Style, Plus size celebrity look
I don't think I've worn a full head to toe suit in 10 years or more.  When it comes to something  that is a big "don't" for me, wearing a bad fitting suit is probably top 5. I would rather not buy one, then wear a one with a terrible fit. My experience in plus size is that suits are a extremely hard fit and they generally require a lot of tailoring to look good.  I'm sure a lot of this can be contributed to my body type, but this has been a huge deterrent with me and suits. You may be wondering what changed my mind.  I'm not against suits, I just know that there's a hefty investment on the tailoring size.  I really wanted a cream suit.  I've wanted one for years and thought with the holidays right around the corner, I thought I should just take the plunge.  Rihanna was definitely an inspiration for this look.  She looks great and just so clean! She's been on my inspiration board for months now. 

Just as I suspected this suit required ample funds.  I paid around $120 for tailoring, which was close to what I paid for the suit.  I must say it was worth it.  The un-tailored suit did not fit well at all.  So, what did I get done?  I got the jacket taken in the bust and I had the legs of the pants let out, by adding a sort of tuxedo stripe down each side.  I also had the lining taken out.  Lining poses a lot of issues for me when it's in pants.  It's restricts my movement and makes the fit weird.  I never understood lining for plus size...or maybe lining with no stretch for plus size.  I do put my own shape wear underneath to do the smoothing that the lining was supposed to do.  Anywho, mama got a new white suit!! LOL

Style Notes:  This suit is by Calvin Klein.  When it comes to a boxy fit, Calvin Klein is probably king of the boxy plus size fit. His plus size line is nearly impossible to wear if you are curvy without tailoring of some kind, so note this when purchasing.   I also wanted to mention my lip color is Rebel with Currant lip liner. Rebel isn't that dark without it, but add the lip liner and it's a nice compromise between both shades. My usual go to wine colored lipstick was Milani's black cherry, but I felt like it was almost too dark.  Rebel with liner makes for a for a little lighter color that I think works better with my skin color. 
Rihanna Style, Plus size celebrity look

Rihanna Style, Plus size celebrity look

Rihanna Style, Plus size celebrity look


Rihanna Style, Plus size celebrity look
Jacket, Pants, Shoes (sold-out), Lip, Top (similar), Clutch, Necklace
SHOP THE POST BELOW



Celebrity Style Capture: Rihanna Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown
Terima kasih sudah berkomentar